Please help me ID these spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a few baby albino bristlenose plecos a few days ago. One of them has these light yellow spots all over it that seem to resemble warts. Today I noticed that some of them have some algae growing on them. Sorry these pictures aren't the best. Any ideas? The spots are the same color as the typical albino BNP yellow color. Except the rest of the fish is a little white and pale. I've already dosed the tank with ich treatment just to be safe.

I appreciate everyone's input!

Edit: some more details about the tank: it's a 40 breeder. I have other adult albino BNPs in there, as well as a school of white clouds. Today I started putting algae wafers in the tank to hopefully help this one get some more color. The baby albino BNP in question is about an inch long, so quote young still.

Attachments

• IMG_20190107_211741.jpg
    IMG_20190107_211741.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190107_211047.jpg
    IMG_20190107_211047.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I got a few baby albino bristlenose plecos a few days ago. One of them has these light yellow spots all over it that seem to resemble warts. Today I noticed that some of them have some algae growing on them. Sorry these pictures aren't the best. Any ideas? The spots are the same color as the typical albino BNP yellow color. Except the rest of the fish is a little white and pale. I've already dosed the tank with ich treatment just to be safe.

I appreciate everyone's input!

Edit: some more details about the tank: it's a 40 breeder. I have other adult albino BNPs in there, as well as a school of white clouds. Today I started putting algae wafers in the tank to hopefully help this one get some more color. The baby albino BNP in question is about an inch long, so quote young still.
That looks like a massive bacterial infection. You should remove the pleco into a QT tank if you can. I would treat it with seachems sulfplex. Methylene blue dips would also probably benefit this guy. I wouldn't use any salt what so ever, they are extremely intolerant to it. I have never seen such a bad infection. It looks bacterial to me. I am no means a expert. This is just what I would do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom