Please help. Primafix, now dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HanScott

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A few days ago I noticed a little bit of white discoloration on my buddy’s tail but didn’t see any sign of rot, which was suggested. I’ve had him over 5 years. The ONLY change is moving the tank from window into the the lounge. The issue started after that.
Hey again. I checked in the other day about my little buddy have possible fin rot on the tail, some white discoloration but I didn’t see rot. Everything else was normal in behavior.
I did a water change and treated with Primafix on advice of a store, two days ago. Last night it was totally normal, but today he’s sat at the bottom, I see a little red at the mouth and some white at the mouth, although that I could be imagining and looking too closely. The behavior is different however and there’s slight discoloration on another fin now. It looks like bleeding on one side of the mouth and not able to get to the surface.
I’ve had this guy a long time, over 5 years, maybe 6, and there’s never been the slightest issue.
Could the Primafix have affected him? Should I try a different treatment? Could I have used too much? I did follow instructions and did about 30% water change.
I’m not sure if you can see in the photos.
I am just a basic hobbiest looking for advice, please don’t send rude DM’s.
Thank you!

Attachments

• D6FB324D-AB6D-4DE3-96B9-20DD60F1378B.jpg
    D6FB324D-AB6D-4DE3-96B9-20DD60F1378B.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 40
  • E86800F0-FFDD-459B-97F8-5B668BF21932.jpg
    E86800F0-FFDD-459B-97F8-5B668BF21932.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 40
What your using probably didn't work. Try API Erythromycin.
Looks like mouth rot/fungus.

Back
Top Bottom