Please Help, Trigger bite peace off my batfish mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy-from-NY

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone, I need someones help since my Batfish was trying to eat and my humu trigger accidentially bite a piece of his mouth off, please let me know what I can do in order for him to proper recuperate. He is eating and doesn't seem to be acting weird. :( :(

Have you put him in QT? umm... he bit off his mouth??? Oh my!! I wish I knew what to tell you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Does stuff like that grow back on fish? I think it'll just heal and leave a scar of some sort. If we were to lose a finger, we can't just magically grow another one. So most likely it'll heal up and leave a scar.

I don't think you want to treat him with anything (its not a disease, but there is a chance of secondary infection) so just keep the water up to par and make sure the trigger doesn't go after him again.

Fishboy, I know exactly what happened, my Huma used to do that to my puffers all the time. He never actually took a chunk out though, so I'm afraid I cant offer any advice for your Batfish.

Hope he recovers

Back
Top Bottom