please help Upside down White Cloud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Persian Guppy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10G tank with a 10i whisper filter setup, temp at 76. There is 1 male Guppy 1 female Guppy and 2 female platys and a baby betta and 3 white clouds . I introduced a platy a month ago which petco failed to tell me had been recovering from a anchor worm .. which I believe has infected my tank as I am a newbie but since I introduced it my other fish look like their pooping these big long strings .. is this anchor worm?

Since then I returned the platy to petco and purchased a baby betta instead , other then that no new changes were made until today when I noticed my tank which is 4 months into its cycle was VERY CLOUDY and all the fish are swimming at the top appearing to be eating something ... I noticed it's comING from the filter it looks like a reddish gunk or oily something ... I attempted a 25 percent water change followed by a start enZyme tablet. A hour later the fish were back at the top.so I.knew the oily stuff was back ..

I did a 100 percent water change a few hours later rinsed the filter changed the filter and re cycled.the tank this time.with salt, a water conditioner and a life guard tablet. Again the tank is cloudy the fish are all swimming at the top eating whatever is floating from the filter ...

Im.worried sick.something is wrong and I'm so upset cause just 20 min ago 2 hours after.my.last.cycle one of the minows as I was watching got caught in the current of the filter flipped upside down and floated to the top not breathing ..looked.dead
I.put.him.in a cold temp.bowl and pushed him to the bottom.of it, I noticed him breathing again and so far he is keeping himself.still and at the bottom. I put the other minows with him.so he wouldn't be alone and omly.every now and then he swims.to the top.starts to lose.control and swims back down sideways .. I'm so confused please any advice would help.

Back
Top Bottom