Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maddymoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My male Molly called James is really ill, his mouth is all crusty and white, and he is laying on his back. With a nudge he move and try to swim but it is a struggle and he can't keep upright, just keeps going back to the floor of the tank on his back. I don't know what to do!

Let nature take care of it.

If he is in a lot of pain and you dont think he will make it and hate to see him in pain. You can put him in a bucket which is safe from chlorine and then add some clove oil keep adding it until he is swimming at the bottom of the tank and his fins arent moving much then pour some vodka in which is poinous to fish this will not hurt him as you have already sedated him and he just wont wake up that is all. After leaving him in the bucket for 30 minutes dispose of his body. :) also do make sure you pour quite a bit of vodka in and do wait 30 minutes because if he wakes back up he may be a toughie and you will need more clove oil to put to sleep and then pour more vodka on him. Some fish are tough and it will take a few hours to peacefully let him die without pain. Most other fish which are already half injured will just go first time :)

Let me know if you decide to do this or you decide to press on with leaving him and maybe he will get better who knows :)

I just hate to see a fish in pain!

I didn't have time to do anything, everything happened really quick and he passed away naturally. Thank you for replying and giving me advice, I appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom