Please Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been using prime once I a while and a generic water conditioner at times and I added stability today onto my filter media on all tanks tomorrow I get used filters hope to speed it up with them

The java moss is lowlight which is why I got it I have guppies in my tanks and 29 gal has cory car and the 2.5 a snail tht will prob be rehomed

I don't think I can get Java Moss where I live, and aparently the quarintine laws in my state dont allow me to buy plants online :(

I don't think I can get Java Moss where I live, and aparently the quarintine laws in my state dont allow me to buy plants online :(

Ask around I asked someone at Petsmart tht works there and owns a tank and he sold me some

Have you used aqadvisor? I been researching what types match and stuff like that but have used aqadvisor mostly just for stocking percentages. For me I am building my tank around my Betta so I'll have the one Betta, 8 Neon Tetras, 5 peppered cory and possibly one Oto later down the track.
For my 20g I bought it as one of the starter kit types with an overhead filter built into the hood. If I had bought everything separately it would have cost a huge amount and a hood was a must since Betta's are jumpers and I have a cat.

Yeah, I believe it said I am around 103% stocked but have plenty of filtration. So we shall see. I'll do pwcs as necessary to keep my fish happy and healthy

Ask around I asked someone at Petsmart tht works there and owns a tank and he sold me some

I live in Australia and we don't have petsmart, but I may look around.

Yeah, I believe it said I am around 103% stocked but have plenty of filtration. So we shall see. I'll do pwcs as necessary to keep my fish happy and healthy

That's good, mine says 91% so I should be fine once I get mine established. I think I definitely had dead spots since now I added my airstone the water temp seems more even, the biofilm has also gone away.

I live in Australia and we don't have petsmart, but I may look around.

That's good, mine says 91% so I should be fine once I get mine established. I think I definitely had dead spots since now I added my airstone the water temp seems more even, the biofilm has also gone away.

If you are in Victoria go to Mentone Aquarium, they have a huge selection and really good advice from friendly staff, I get all of my things from there!

Try using stability and prime by seachem, thats what I used when i started my 340 liters bristlenose tank a month ago. Also use stress coat because it really helps when you add new fish into the tank. I bought them all from Petstock, they are an australia wide per store franchise, the stability and prime were about $15 each for 250ml of api stress coat and 100 ml of prime. The prime is a huge concentrate ie. 5ml treats 200 litres of water so you don't need a big bottle of that!!

I used the seachem stability with horrible readings. Still took a month to cycle

Really, oh well it worked for me, also you seem to know quite a bit about fish so could you look on my thread and try to help me a bit?

I checked my Ammonia just then and sadly it is still about 3-4ppm even after having the fish food in there for 2 days :( I'm running out of options!

Yeah those are the same reasons I'm hesitant to use them as well. I'm more interested in keeping fish, not gardening LOL. The plants where I live are quite limited so I have to research which ones have super low requirements if I ever do get them, but atm I just hve silk plants.
Me too! Lol

My ph is like 7.2 on 10 gal 6.8 on 29 gal and 7.2 on 2.5 gal the 10 gal is newest tank only couple weeks old and 29 gal is a lil over months old and the 2.5 is oldest At 1 1/2 months old I'm getting used filter media tomorrow that's been I 9 mont old tank and media is 6 months old hoping to speed up fish in cycle I have alot airation in 29 gal and ok amounts In others . The person I'm getti filters out isn't taking them out til he is about to transport them I have java moss in all my tanks and when I started tanks I had used rocks in them I'm goin to test water tomorrow

Good luck with your tests! Hope you have more success than I've had:)

Me too! Lol

Have you tested your aquarium yet? I'm really stuck for what to do. I think I'm gonna do like 1 75% WC and rinse my filter media again then start over since my tank isn't even registering nitrites yet so I'm wasting my time just waiting and waiting.

Back
Top Bottom