Please I need help with my angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleco951

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive got two angles fish, had them from babies, and they are rather large.
About 3 days ago i noticed that the smaller one of the two went off its food, and hasnt been eating since. It doesn't appear to have any scrathes spots, etc.
It has been alittle sluggish, and last day been hanging at the top of the tank gasping at the surface.
I thought that the water isn't being airated enough, but i have an air pump constantly pumping out two steady streams of bubbles.
I do a water change every week, and the problem has only started last week when i did a water change.
No other fish seem to be ill, and i need help, i fear that i could loose it.

Not enough information. Have you tested the water for ammonia/nitrites? What other occupants do you have? Have there been any changes in the tank recently? New occupants added? Anything to cause stress?

Are you using city water with chlorine or chloromines? Do you dechlorinate your water BEFORE it goes into the tank? If you do not you are playing russian roulette with your fish.

Did you do anything drastic to the tank during the water change? Again, illness or distress is brought about by changes and stresses to the fish's environment. Only you can tell us what that may be.

In the end no one can tell you what is wrong with your fish. At best anyone can only speculate.

Figure out what went wrong, fix it, provide your fish with a stable water environment and it may get better.

But right now, it is hard to say what is wrong with it with so little information to go on.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom