Pleco help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suckerfishrule

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got this pleco a few days ago and I need to know what kind of pleco it is

Attachments

• image-3993794145.jpg
    image-3993794145.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1217085406.jpg
    image-1217085406.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image-280584960.jpg
    image-280584960.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 87
10 gallons for bow but if it gets to big then we have a 75 gallon tank and it will not eat algae tablets they have been in the for a few days but there not gone

the only type of common one lol. the species name is common pleco. id go ahead and move it to the 75 gallon... they can grow up to 18 inches!!!

I would need to do alot of things to get it running and do pleco go with betta fish

plecos do fine with betta fish! you really should consider starting setup now... wouldn't want mr. pleco to get stunted!

The thing is that the 75 gallon tank is my dads and he said once my pleco gets to big for my tank we will put him in the 75 gallon tank

I recently saw a common pleco at the lfs, kinda an adoption case. Someone had it in a five gal and its body kinked near the tail, like an inverted V. Trust me, set up the tank

can you tell your dad that the pleco will get too big for your tank? he will outgrow your ten gallon VERY quickly.

He knows that it will get very big but is only 2 and a half inches long and I will wait until is 6 inches long

It's ok, just remember, as he gets older, he will eat less algae and poop more, so watch for ammonia spikes. What are your parameters as of now?

I agree with those advocating rehoming it soon. Even a 75 will not be large enough for it for life and they are dirty fish even at small sizes. What kind of pleco is really a question that should be asked before the purchase is made.

Back
Top Bottom