pleco id?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wryly23

Aquarium Advice Regular
will he be okay in my 55g til Christmas when I get my 120? labeled at petsmart as a rubber lip pleco but looks common to me?

I don't see a picture? No way to tell otherwise.

PetSmart sells rubberlip, common, and sailfin in stores, very commonly. There's a large difference between all of them. Does he look segmented? If so, probably a rubberlip. If not, 120g would be bare minimum for an adult, they can get 18".

Oh! That's a baby rubberlip pleco! They have spots until later on, I think there's also a spotted variety, but the shape is definitely rubberlip. He's a cutie! PetSmart was selling normals until recently, now they're all spotted. Associate told me they were just babies, but I think they're a different kind altogether.

He'll get about 6 inches, so he'll be fine in a 55, and then have all the room a pleco could ask in a 120!

Chiroptera said:
Oh! That's a baby rubberlip pleco! They have spots until later on, I think there's also a spotted variety, but the shape is definitely rubberlip. He's a cutie! PetSmart was selling normals until recently, now they're all spotted. Associate told me they were just babies, but I think they're a different kind altogether.

He'll get about 6 inches, so he'll be fine in a 55, and then have all the room a pleco could ask in a 120!

yay!!!! it made me so sad to think I would be providing the bare minimum :( so happy to hear this!!!! plus I think rubber lips are just a little cuter lol!

Back
Top Bottom