Pleco in 30 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've never been much of a Pleco guy but I'm getting a lot of annoying algae on my glass and I figured why not get one. But I know some need extremely big tanks and I have a 30 gal long with rams keyholes dwarf gourami 2 ghost shrimp and 2 cories. What kind could I get that will be compatable with the fish and tank size?

I know petco gets bristlenose plecos once in a while and that petsmart usually has rubber lip plecos

The Bristlenose max size is 5inches, I am not sure about the rubberlip.
Sorry Posted at the smae time as Nu-Nu

The bristlenoses get about 5 inches. I have one, and I love her. :) she's a pretty cool fish, and does a pretty good job of helping me get rid of algae.

Doubt it. Those are probably common plecos or high fin plecos and they get well over a foot long

Sorry to but in but what size tank would a gold nugget pleco need. Pet smart told me they only get 6". And just wanted to check with all the awesome people here.

They do get about 6 inches. I would recommend at least a 50 gallon for them.

Regarding the BN plecos, severum mama might still have some listed in the buy/sell/trade section. She sells quality stock.

Jbaygurl78745 said:
Sorry to but in but what size tank would a gold nugget pleco need. Pet smart told me they only get 6". And just wanted to check with all the awesome people here.

I would say 40-50 gallons. It depends on what else is in the tank though

Ok Thank you wanted get one for my 55 but wasn't sure if they got bigger thank you very much again I'm sorry for interrupting

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would say 40-50 gallons. It depends on what else is in the tank though

A jack will be only thing in there.. I also have a 45 community tank would that be better. I no African cichlids( thanks to sum one here!) would bother him but petsmart told me if i got pleco while jack was still small would be fine. But jack is a digger already which what worries me he rearranges his gravel

Brought home my new bristle nose :) hes still in the bag. He's a small lil guy haha he's big enough to be with my stock tho right? Here's a pick

Attachments

• image-4064499848.jpg
    image-4064499848.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 71
I have a lot. He found some. The keyholes are starting to back off now. I thin it's just cuz he was new and they did it out of curiosity

Back
Top Bottom