Pleco little white spots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm attaching a picture but I did a 25% water change and saw him without these spots then i was gone for about an hour and a half and when I came back he had these little white spots here's a picture. Is this something that is just stuck on him or is he getting sick???

Attachments

• image-835838389.jpg
    image-835838389.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1781763512.jpg
    image-1781763512.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 110
Is it ick because I only had him since Sunday and non of my other fish have this... I just added easy balance in before could this be the stuff from the easy balance?

Anyone please I'm Nervouse if its ick all my fish will get sick I'm trying to do research but idk how they get it and if I jut have to put him in a different tank or what to do..... Do you think I should get the medicine???

Bump your heat up, everyone says salt and 86'f will treat ick. So maybe start by raising the heat and monitoring it, keep track of the spots and if they increase. Also I dunno about pleco salt tolerance so google that before adding salt.

increase tank temp to 82-85 degrees for 7-10 days. DO NOT USE SALT. High temps interrupt the lifecycle of Ich which lasts 3-5 days. In the future be more careful about your water changes. Match the water temps more closely. If you use chemicals to treat Ich, be sure to remove your charcoal. Charcoal is only good for 3-4 weeks, after then is can cause a lot of problems because it leaks toxins back into your tank. Keep up with your water changes. Never skimp there or you will be sorry.....Good Luck!

Ok I'll increase the temp and monitor it.. I change the water everyday so I guess it's the temp of the water... I try to put worm water in but I guess not warm enough :/ the filter is new and was put in on then12th of this month... I'll keep everyone informed with what happens thanks for the help

My heater doesn't have a control on it it autos the temp so I guess I'll have to get chemicals to
Poor in there:/

I just found an

Old heater with control
On top I'll keep the small one in there since its all the way on the bottom
And plug this one in as well it make sure it turns off at the right temp...

I took all the plants out and just vacuumed everything I left my broken vase and log in there so they had something to go in but I figured the plants were the easiest for those things to get tangled up in and my pelco is always in there so I'll clean them all with hot water... In the mean time with no plants it will make it sleazier to vacume and make It super clean so until the spots go away ill keep them out. I just did a 50% water change so
I think they should be ok for now. I really don't know how they got it... Unless the pelco had when I got him..... I got him on Sunday so idk if its possible that it just showed up now... Anyways thanks for all the help guys it really helped.. And the heater brought it up to 87 degrees I turned it down a little bit and I increased aeration because warmer water doesn't hold oxygen as well... Hope I did this correct thanks for the help
Dan

it's not a bristlenose is it? some plecos can change the color/spots on thier skin. My bristle nose can go from nearly jet black to having white spots all over his body in just a few minutes

be safe though and keep the temp up until you know what it is

I have a picture of him up top I thought he was a common pelco but I'm new to all this. And my stupid heater cut off at a safety thing so it went all the way down to 75 :( so I turned it up and will see if it stays

My fish seem very stressed out at 84 degrees... The tetra are fighting with each other and the guppies are swimming around frantically except for one which is just sitting under the filter away from
Everyone. The pelco is right on the heater though so idk if I should turn it off or keep it going ill keep it up till I get a reply

mine were like that too when I did the same thing for my L200 pleco, they will eventually calm down. turn the lights off and that will help a little

If not better in 8 hours, drop temp to 82 degrees. Temp changes should be made gradually...gradually up and gradually down to prevent shock and stress. I dont know what your starting temp was, but generally 1 to 2 degree increase over 7 to 10 days.

Ok thanks I have to go get a new heater today because my heater kept going up to 85 and doing like a safety shut off bringing the tank back to 78:( so I'm pretty sure that's confusing and stressing them too.. But once I get the new one I'll slowly increase it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom