Pluming advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rejordan73

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

I'm in the process of redoing my pluming for my 150 gallon saltwater tank and I was looking for some advise. Right now my system has two internal overflows that go into a 30 gallon glass aquarium / mod sump. I have a external Coralife 1100 P pump that connects to a 1 inch PVC that then connects to 2 3/4 PVC tubes that send water inside the tank. When the water flows back into the tank it does so through 1 inch flex tube. I can show pics if any one wants to see.

I now want to add a 36 watt UV sterilizer,check valves and possibly a chiller. I want to do it right but I'm not to familiar about flow rates connecting them together.

Should I connect the pump to 1 inch or 3/4 PVC? And keep the return line at 1 inch PVC? When I connect the UV, is it better to have a 3/4 or 1 in PVC? And should put a control valve at the start. Of the UV sterilizer? And then I was thinking of running the return line of the UV back to the sump, what do you think?

The return lines are going to be 1 inch, but the check valves I have are 3/4, will that be OK?

And last, how can I reduce the salt spray coming from the sump?

Thanks in advance

I cant say a lot about most of this since I havent gotten that far, but concerning the salt spray I use a piece of plexiglas over my sump with cutouts for the skimmer and intake hose and a hole over the fuge to let light in.

Back
Top Bottom