pool sand and hob.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ill be getting some pool sand to replace the gravel and dirt that just turns my water brown. I am very excited!
I do however have concerns about my filters being hob and them breaking from sand being sucked up.
will panty hose work?
the two filters im running are aqueon 20 & 30.

Pool filter sand is my worst nightmare. It shows fish and plant waste like no other. I want to change my substrate to black blasting sand/Eco complete mix. Might show poop and algae and plant matter less. My flounder might get upset though :-o. Lol. I have a hob filter and haven't had any problems. Although my tank is "tall", so that might be why. Anyway, best of luck to ya! Hope you like it!

Yep, agree with shortening the intakes on the hobs. I have pfs now in all my tanks & no problems. The intakes only come about 1/2 way down the tank. Just make sure you turn everything off when vac'ing/water changes so nothing gets sucked up in the filters.

lol I will for sure! I dont really care about poop. I just want the dirt out of my tank.. ill take pics when I get done.

I was also wanting to get some shrimp or cories since I havent fully stocked it after I cycled it. jlk should know this is the 29g that she helped me cycle and I dirted lol

Great another sand tank:) I switched over to sand yesterday and it looks great. I also have a hob filter. Just bring the intake up and I put a piece of pantyhose over the end. It's currently cycling so it's employ for now. Here is a pic AFTER the sand settled.

Attachments

• image-1093703544.jpg
    image-1093703544.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1133998397.jpg
    image-1133998397.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3121900300.jpg
    image-3121900300.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 117
looks good! you should get a black backdrop for your tank. it would make everything pop!:)

Back
Top Bottom