Poor Little Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning I turned on the lights in my tank and one of my dwarf gouramis was stuck in the little house in the tank. I had to push it out to free it. It was gasping for air. Unfortunately it looks scraped on its side. Its swimming, but doesn't look to good. I put some stress coat in the tank hoping it will help the scrapes heal. Is there anything else I can do? What should I watch for because its sides are injured. I have removed the little house.

You could look at API Melafix the blurb on the label says "Promotes the regrowth of damaged tissue and fins " and "Rapidly repairs damaged fins, ulcers and open wounds"

The biggest risk for your fish right now is infection - both external and internal. The wound will likely "scab" with a whitish covering before the scales regrow, but if you start to see any signs of fungus, bloating, ich, etc. You may want to be prepared to treat for those and move to a QT tank if necessary.

You could look at API Melafix the blurb on the label says "Promotes the regrowth of damaged tissue and fins " and "Rapidly repairs damaged fins, ulcers and open wounds"

I happen to have some API Melafix and so I treated the tank. I fed them and he ate like normal. He's probably tired of me staring at him. I will qt him if he gets worse or the others start picking at him.

Back
Top Bottom