Poor Looking Fish at LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terrance

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered some Figure 8 puffers at a LFS (have not paid yet). When I came by 2 days ago, 4 of them were grouped with 6-9 green spotted puffers.

The GSP were looking good, but the F8 was in bad shape. They slimmer than the GSP and tails have been nipped off (tails of GSP were perfect). I walked right up to the glass, and the F8 were hiding at the top corners of the tank or behind a rock. All the GSP swam toward my presence.

I really wanted the F8. Should I still get 1-2 of these guys and try to nurse them back to health? Maybe negotiate on the price of the F8? Make some kind of deal?

Terrance said:
I ordered some Figure 8 puffers at a LFS (have not paid yet). When I came by 2 days ago, 4 of them were grouped with 6-9 green spotted puffers.

The GSP were looking good, but the F8 was in bad shape. They slimmer than the GSP and tails have been nipped off (tails of GSP were perfect). I walked right up to the glass, and the F8 were hiding at the top corners of the tank or behind a rock. All the GSP swam toward my presence.

I really wanted the F8. Should I still get 1-2 of these guys and try to nurse them back to health? Maybe negotiate on the price of the F8? Make some kind of deal?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the figure 8's are slimmer then the green spotted puffer naturally , but you can tell usually tell if it is sick skinny , and with the tails that is most likely from the green spotted puffers nipping them cause mixing them is never usually good at all .... And with the nursing thing maybe some else can chime in about that cause when I got my two figure 8's they had ick and now they are health and happy and I'm still new to puffers

Back
Top Bottom