Poorly pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_diablo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys
Iv jus got home from wrk tonight and my pleco isn't moving too well and seems to b gasping for air! Iv just done a 30-40% water change and tested the water 1st with a Hagen liquid test kit and the ammo is 0 nitRITe is 0 and the niTRATe is aprox 10 (it's hard to determine) the tank is cycled and has been up and running for 8 or 9 months or so and it 100G. He's sucking on the glass as he normally does but is struggling to hang on like normal. Can any body recommend a solution?

He's around 7inches we'v had him almost 2 years, we had him in a 30g up untill around 8-9 months ago. Normally I wouldn't wry as he is pretty docile and Un active but there's jus something different about his behaviour tonight

Keep checking the water parameters and the health of the fish. Large Plecos are quite hardy and I would not worry excessively. Keep me posted on his condition. also, are there any changes to the new water that you put in after a water change? Different dechlorinator? Medications added?

Iv used the same dechlorinator for ages I bought a 2ltr bottle off eBay, I haven't put any meds in. I'll keep my eye on him and keep u posted

Back
Top Bottom