Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.... I want to be a fish networking site as well. Theres a surprise being built on my site as we speak.... I consider myself a bit of a fish broker.... You need it... Cant find it.... I or someone i know can. And yes BULL.... That rusty.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Good good good. I like surprises. Can't wait to see the site when it's unveiled.

Brenna

Absolutely.... I want to be a fish networking site as well. Theres a surprise being built on my site as we speak.... I consider myself a bit of a fish broker.... You need it... Cant find it.... I or someone i know can. And yes BULL.... That rusty.

All I hear is "I'm going to import hundreds of sinibotia for sinibotia so he can go completely crazy and fill his bathtub with them"

Yes. That's awesome. In a couple of months might have to get myself some bororas from you. Rusty is pretty cool from what I've heard..he gave my friend some cool Wild livebearers, do you happen to import plants like Buce from Indonesia also?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good good good. I like surprises. Can't wait to see the site when it's unveiled.

Brenna

Just be nice.... Im building it myself w/ my dad. And i am definitely not a computer guy. So itll get better as it grows. Before i go public im going to open it to some of you guys... And ask you to go nuts clicking links and navigating then give me notes... Like things that might make it better or easier to navigate, etc...

Im gonna stay away from buce for a while. I have yet to see anyone make it last a whole year.

Just be nice.... Im building it myself w/ my dad. So itll get better as i know. Before i go public im going to open it to some of you guys... And ask you to go nuts clicking links and navigating then give me notes... Like things that might make it better or easier to navigate.

I go to school with creative writers. I've learned how to critique in a way that while pointing out potential issues, I am always positive.
You know what, I envy you because I don't know anything about code or building sites or technical stuff. I'm struggling to understand how to hook up a used RO unit while I'm standing there looking at it at the sellers house. That's how inept I feel at times. I got the literature brain and my brother got all the math scientific stuff brain. Grrr.

Brenna

Im gonna stay away from buce for a while. I have yet to see anyone make it last a whole year.

See this is the sort of info I glean off everyone else. I had it in mind to buy a buce or 2 but why if they will just die?

Brenna

I just got a brain.... Mine came with rattling peices and no manual. No specialties outside athletics and fighting. The site build is a learning experience for me.... If dad wasnt helping id probly be crying in the corner and cursing the heavens.... I hate comps & social media. Im building the site at the urging of many people and to keep better track of all my orders and taxes, etc...

All I hear is "I'm going to import hundreds of sinibotia for sinibotia so he can go completely crazy and fill his bathtub with them"
Yeah in my head I envision the basement filled with tanks and my 2 assistants and I working on doing all the water changes. Lol

Off topic but once when I was younger and didn't know about nitrogen cycle, I actually out my fish in the bathtub while I cleaned their tank. Lol

Brenna

I just got a brain.... Mine came with rattling peices and no manual. No specialties outside athletics and fighting. The site build is a learning experience for me.... If dad wasnt helping id probly be crying in the corner and cursing the heavens.... I hate comps & social media. Im building the site at the urging of many people and to keep better track of all my orders and taxes, etc...

You're smart to do it. When I did a lot of eBay I had terrible records so I never really knew my accounting.

Brenna

See this is the sort of info I glean off everyone else. I had it in mind to buy a buce or 2 but why if they will just die?

Brenna

It seems that they don't adjust very well to change, especially in high tech tanks. Mine were doing good in my low tech 29 until my brother Hakf buried them and pond snails ate some of the leaves.

It seems that they don't adjust very well to change, especially in high tech tanks. Mine were doing good in my low tech 29 until my brother Hakf buried them and pond snails ate some of the leaves.

Let's take this discussion to my thread. I want to hear more without hijacking.

Brenna

You cant hijack my thread.... It called poppas tanks.... AND STUFF....... Evil cackle. I labeled it this way and put my thread in gen discussion for the express reason of opening my thread to everything. Its like family here.... Yap away.

Speaking of "n stuff", did you even hear back from the breeder about the genetics of these guys? Or their typical spawn cycle for that matter. Curious to know when these guys will go again.

I've been doing a TON of reading on angelfish genetics but the fry I've already got aren't grown out enough to partially reverse-engineer the genetics of the redhead marble pair.

I have not... Hes on a hunting trip in Alaska.... Bummer too, because we gots more business. Hes got a pair of 50% wild blood pariba angels.... ALBINO. Poppa want.

I have not... Hes on a hunting trip in Alaska.... Bummer too, because we gots more business. Hes got a pair of 50% wild blood pariba angels.... ALBINO. Poppa want.

Holy crap I wanna meet this guy :eek: Glad I've got some of his fish. I suppose if he's willing to part with this panda koi pair it tells ya something about the quality of the fish he DOES keep for himself.

Lemme know if/when you do find out. The breeder of the redhead koi pair has no clue about their genetics :facepalm: But I think I have a plan to figure them out for myself.

Speaking of "n stuff", did you even hear back from the breeder about the genetics of these guys? Or their typical spawn cycle for that matter. Curious to know when these guys will go again.

I've been doing a TON of reading on angelfish genetics but the fry I've already got aren't grown out enough to partially reverse-engineer the genetics of the redhead marble pair.

Shouldnt be long on the reverse engineering. Youll start seeing all the color traits they hold. From my understanding an angel holds many genes but only presents 2. These 2 are how its labeled. IE.. Redhead marble are the 2 genes. But the babies will come out and some will hold and present the underlying genes. This is how if carefully calculated and bred you can get 16-32 types of angels from 1 pair. Hence the need for angel calculators.

I believe... Not an expert

Shouldnt be long on the reverse engineering. Youll start seeing all the color traits they hold. From my understanding an angel holds many genes but only presents 2. These 2 are how its labeled. IE.. Redhead marble are the 2 genes. But the babies will come out and some will hold and present the underlying genes. This is how if carefully calculated and bred you can get 16-32 types of angels from 1 pair. Hence the need for angel calculators.

I believe... Not an expert

Yup, but I don't think i can quite ID all the phenotypes of the offspring yet. Definitely a LOT of redheads. Some look to be plain marbles and some look half-black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom