Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea If I have any luck he will pull thru. I panicked and put him up on the 45 I figured temp was getting high which it was pushing 80 or lack of air . Well the last 5 mins he hasnt been laying down and is staying upright. I'm not going to hold my breath tho.

Tangs are difficult sometimes. The white cheek is a more difficult one IMO. I had one once but lost him in a tank transfer. I was told after that they are next in line behind the blue hippo as far ask Ich champions.

Best of luck to you

Thanks Jodi . He is swimming now so he might be ok. I'm not really concerned about ick prone. He will have his hypo treatment before he goes it the display if he pulls thru. How long did you have yours?

Thanks dary. I'm pretty sure he will pull thru . I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I used this setup for my trigger for the first 2 weeks of qt and he didn't have any issues . But hey its not the first thing that doesn't make sense in this hobby lol.

Hondatek said:
Thanks Jodi . He is swimming now so he might be ok. I'm not really concerned about ick prone. He will have his hypo treatment before he goes it the display if he pulls thru. How long did you have yours?

I had mine about 6 months before I did the tank transfer. Let's just say it was the last time my husband was allowed to help. He died, along with a few others about a day or so later. Husband followed the advice of the lfs and didn't acclimate the fish. Ugggggg

Ok well I didn't acclimated him when I put him in the 45 since I thought he was a goner anyways. Hope that doesn't come back to get me later on .I don't let my girl help either lol.

Hondatek said:
Ok well I didn't acclimated him when I put him in the 45 since I thought he was a goner anyways. Hope that doesn't come back to get me later on .I don't let my girl help either lol.

Mine was doing good in the bucket. Unfortunately- with a, basically 50% water change, he should have been acclimated. My husband learned his lesson tho.

I don't acclimate a fish if I think they are a gonner either. I figure acclimation is just even more stress. They have a better chance of surviving in a proper environment than a bucket with an airator.

Jlsardina said:
I had mine about 6 months before I did the tank transfer. Let's just say it was the last time my husband was allowed to help. He died, along with a few others about a day or so later. Husband followed the advice of the lfs and didn't acclimate the fish. Ugggggg

You killed your husband and a few others ??? Wow !!!! Suddenly Jodie goes postal !!! ( lol,... Just kidding of course . It was just the way it was worded )

Dary421 said:
You killed your husband and a few others ??? Wow !!!! Suddenly Jodie goes postal !!! ( lol,... Just kidding of course . It was just the way it was worded )

Yeah. That was bad wording. Lol. Tho I would have liked to at the time- my husband is still alive as well as the others. But I'm the only one allowed to do anything with the tank now.

Well the white cheek made it another day. I didn't really see him eat much this morning tho. He seemed interested but didn't grab any food. I'll make a trip to where I got him and get whatever they were giving him .

It's food that I made. It includes mysis , brine, krill, mussel, clam, table shrimp , ocean nutriition algae sheets , turf scrubber algae , vitachem, garlic guard. Maybe since I froze it I need to add more garlic to defrost

Well I have been watching this tang like a hawk after another failed feeding today . He has been non stop pecking at the rocks so he must be eating something. After an hour of watching he just kicked up the mysis I tried to give him this am and gobbled it down. Now I just have to fatten him up a little so I can stop worrying . Obviously with the fish I have im not used to picky eaters. So far all is well after the introduction of the trigger to the display I'm just waiting on the cyano to go away so I can make a video but here is a bad IPhone pic .

Awesome Mike !
Needed to catch up again..love the white cheek !
His color looks good now,i think he'll be OK...Have you tried spinach yet ?.

No haven't tried or even thought about spinach lol. I just checked on him and the algae sheet has a bunch of bite marks so he is starting to come around . If I try spinach is there anything I need to do to it before hand?

not really..Always use fresh stuff Not frozen,(but you can then freeze it )and just rinse it off and put it in the same way you do the sheets..My purple and naso loves it ..
the angel picks at it too..I have fed spinach for years ,,when i had a chocolate he gobbled it up too

Back
Top Bottom