Possible stocking idea for 10 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Went to petsmart today to scope out what fish I can put in my 10 gallon, and I think I've decided on some sort of a dwarf gourami for sure, I'm between the sunset honey or red fire dwarf, and I really liked the looks of the Von rio flame tetra. I definitely want some kind of Cory catfish for sure. I know some say tetras are to active for a 10 gallon, what are your opinions? I'm thinking 1 dwarf gourami and maybe 3 Von rio flame tetras and 1 Cory catfish for a full stock for my 10g. Opinions or suggestions please!

Well tetras and cories need a school to be confortable. 1 cory all by himself will not work out very well.... :/

How many Cory's could fit comfortably in my 10g without over stocking? Also if anyone has any suggestions on other fish I could put with the gourami besides tetras that would be great!

You could put only one dwarf gourami in since they get territorial, but the cories can't school in a 10 gallon but Pygmy cories and pandas can!

You should be OK with one DG in a 10 gal although some have differing opinions on the tank size for them. A sparkling gourami would be a better choice.

I can't find too much info on the Von Rio Tetra so I'm not sure if they'd do well in a 10 gal. A smaller type of schooling fish might be a safer choice, like ember tetra, celestial pearl danio, chili rasbora, endler's livebearers.

Corys need groups of at least 4. In a 10 gal I'd go for the smallest type, either Cory hasbrosus, cory hastus or cory pygmaeus. Pandas are the next smallest and I have them but I think they're a bit too large and active for a 10 gal.

Back
Top Bottom