Possible white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

royok73

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
I'm new to keeping cichlids and recently I noticed a few fish scratching off the rocks and gravel substrate, after investigating online I realise it's possibly white spot, so I got some treatment from the local store, instructions say treat the water for 2/3 days, I have done this for 3 days but the fish continue to scratch is it possible that it could be something going on

Slowly raise your temperature up to 86 degrees, and add some aquarium salt, somebody else can chime in on her about how much, I really don't deal with Ich in my tanks at all (*knock on wood*)

My kirbensis's both skim along the gravel every now and again with no signs of ich or any other sickness both happy and eating and swimming they have done it since i got them a couple of months ago.

Although im raising the temp in my tank because of another fish showing signs if skimming accross the plants and i thought it had whitw spots but it was missing some scales and no whit spots but treating it just incase

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My kirbensis's both skim along the gravel every now and again with no signs of ich or any other sickness both happy and eating and swimming they have done it since i got them a couple of months ago.

Although im raising the temp in my tank because of another fish showing signs if skimming accross the plants and i thought it had whitw spots but it was missing some scales and no whit spots but treating it just incase

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Go ahead and add salt as well. 1 level tbsp per 5g. Your fish will appreciate you for it

Back
Top Bottom