Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
The orange and yellow guppy there is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it when you get it going. Don't feel like we will judge. We know it's hard to get started. Check out my pico reef. Its a work in progress!

Thank nice u play 360 too lol

Hey guys,

Do not dispise your small beginnings. I have a 55g FOWLR Soon to be Reef and I'm having trouble transitioning because I cannot get a grip on to my nitrates. No matter what I do they never seem to get any lower than 30-40ppm. I don't know whether to scrap it and start over or what. You have good beginnings. Keep up the good work.

ForumRunner_20120812_060634.jpg

sanchezkk said:
Hey guys,

Do not dispise your small beginnings. I have a 55g FOWLR Soon to be Reef and I'm having trouble transitioning because I cannot get a grip on to my nitrates. No matter what I do they never seem to get any lower than 30-40ppm. I don't know whether to scrap it and start over or what. You have good beginnings. Keep up the good work.

How big are ur pwc? How often do u feed? Using RO/DI water?

20 gal tall community. It's in a bit of shambles right now, just sort of a collection of decor. I'm keeping some of it here to just keep the BB going on it. lol.

I'm going to give it an overhaul in the hopefully near future. The background isn't working with the window on the other side, the sun really throws off the look. It's suppose to be a dark rocky/root look but the sun really lightens it and makes it hard to see. I'm going to also switch it to planted but am waiting until after we get our 50 gallon. This tank will be moving to the master so I don't want to plant it when it's going to be moving in a couple months.

but here it is as it stands.

img_2069508_0_b6c7db79a2d4bb5a97e09434eba63243.jpg

tamtam said:
20 gal long community. It's in a bit of shambles right now, just sort of a collection of decor. I'm keeping some of it here to just keep the BB going on it. lol.

I'm going to give it an overhaul in the hopefully near future. The background isn't working with the window on the other side, the sun really throws off the look. It's suppose to be a dark rocky/root look but the sun really lightens it and makes it hard to see. I'm going to also switch it to planted but am waiting until after we get our 50 gallon. This tank will be moving to the master so I don't want to plant it when it's going to be moving in a couple months.

but here it is as it stands.

Almost looks like a 20g tall

Here's my newly set up birthing/fry tank. Now that I have dealt with one of my worries which is these mickey mouse moons having fry in the community tank and getting eatin. Now all I am worried about is the mamas eating the fry! Man, I can't get anything right

ForumRunner_20120812_184847.jpg

I'd suggest putting some java moss or floating hornwort for the fry to hide in. Your tank is very pretty. I love Mickey mouse platies!

Ok thank you. Kinda suprised you think the tank is pretty lol. Its bare as can be, but I wanted it that way so I could clean it easy, and see the fry easy without sucking up fry

aaronjohn20 said:
Ok thank you. Kinda suprised you think the tank is pretty lol. Its bare as can be, but I wanted it that way so I could clean it easy, and see the fry easy without sucking up fry

Sometimes simple can be very pretty. Your background adds alot to the appearance.

I had a guppy fry in a breeder trap in my community tank. I put him in the fry tank cause he's a bigger fry and I put mama #1 (the one that looks to drop soonest) into the breeder for the night. I know they say it stresses them out but I figured it'd be ok at night time. Ill let her out in the morning and put her back in at night. Or if she starts dropping fry during the day she will go back in the breeder till she is done. Hopefully this works out for me

During my weekly water change last night I was thinking about how much I didn't like the look of my tank and decided after posting a pic yesterday to rearrange some stuff.

I think it looks a lot better than it did. So here it is my 20 gal tall. It has neons, lambchop rasboras, some platy and single Sunset DG.

img_2070983_0_1e969fd30fdf6d4c9e7bb373d54ef3f5.jpg

tamtam said:
During my weekly water change last night I was thinking about how much I didn't like the look of my tank and decided after posting a pic yesterday to rearrange some stuff.

I think it looks a lot better than it did. So here it is my 20 gal tall. It has neons, lambchop rasboras, some platy and single Sunset DG.

Your tank looks really neat! Are those fake or real plants?

Here is my 55g started 3 years ago

Attachments

• 2012-05-14 20.11.22.jpg
    2012-05-14 20.11.22.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 228
Back
Top Bottom