Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What all do I REALLY need? Websites say I NEED a heater algae scrubber damsels and all that junk. Coming from someone who obviously has expirience what do I need for a simple ten gallon with two clowns? I already have a Hood and whisper ex 20

What all do I REALLY need? Websites say I NEED a heater algae scrubber damsels and all that junk. Coming from someone who obviously has expirience what do I need for a simple ten gallon with two clowns? I already have a Hood and whisper ex 20

This is everything you'll need
Tank
Sand
Rock
Heater
Filter
Hydrometer
Powerhead
Salt
RODI water- tap water can cause huge algae outbreaks in saltwater.

Clowns are super easy to keep. You don't need an algae scrubber or damsels. You just drop in a dead shrimp and the fishless cycle starts. If you use all live rock (maybe 15 lbs) the cycle will go super fast. I used mostly dry rock with a little live rock because its cheaper.

Do I really need a heater? I don't use one for any of my freshy tanks? And it will be a small tank so won't the Florida heat coming into my room be hot enough? All my tanks are at 79.

Do I really need a heater? I don't use one for any of my freshy tanks? And it will be a small tank so won't the Florida heat coming into my room be hot enough? All my tanks are at 79.

If the tank will stay at a stable temp without the heater, then you should be fine. Just as long as it doesn't fluctuate

Ok. And do I need a powerhead? So right now I have sand from a fresh tank. So including lighting, salt,rock. And whatever else what price range do you think I'm at?

Ok. And do I need a powerhead? So right now I have sand from a fresh tank. So including lighting, salt,rock. And whatever else what price range do you think I'm at?

Yup you'll need one. Clowns love lots of flow.

Well, it's hard to say. I'd estimate anywhere from $200-300. Not sure though. Shop around online and see for sure. It depends where you buy

57623-albums10477-picture60052.png

My 55 gal freshwater native species river tank.

New 90 gallon tank , just put the driftwood in today . Really excited about my driftwood!!

image-738888314.jpg

Well for all those who are waiting and those who aren't here is an updated tank shot hope you enjoy. Added a new background a glass top and a 48"-60" current freshwater satellite plus led and did some rearanging. Next is new substrate but not for a while. The darker pics are on dusk mode and the others are 6500k daylight. Awsome light

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130816_183400.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130816_183400.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 154
  • ForumRunner_20130816_183711.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130816_183711.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20130816_184009.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130816_184009.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 111
  • ForumRunner_20130816_184245.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130816_184245.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 135
Well for all those who are waiting and those who aren't here is an updated tank shot hope you enjoy. Added a new background a glass top and a 48"-60" current freshwater satellite plus led and did some rearanging. Next is new substrate but not for a while. The darker pics are on dusk mode and the others are 6500k daylight. Awsome light

Those angels are beautiful and I love the dusk setting on that light!

Back
Top Bottom