Post your planted tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my 46 gallon bow front. It's been up since July, but I did a huge cut 2 weeks ago and planted just the tops of all my stems. The bottoms were pretty raggity as they were from clippings from other members of forums. All the stems now have been grown in only my tank and they look real nice. Just need them to fill in now. Also just added the manzanita.

That is a beautiful tank man
Great job!

That is a beautiful tank man
Great job!

Thanks, appreciate it! Yours is coming along too it seems!

Mine is such a work in progress always. I'm finally at a point where it's just trimming and planting to fill in, but I'm really learning what plants I want where as I go along.

I got a buyer for my water sprite now so that will be taken out and replaced with ludwigia cuba. I'm hoping someone buys that large sword now, then my back will be all stems. Going for a semi dutch look!

Thanks, appreciate it! Yours is coming along too it seems!

Mine is such a work in progress always. I'm finally at a point where it's just trimming and planting to fill in, but I'm really learning what plants I want where as I go along.

I got a buyer for my water sprite now so that will be taken out and replaced with ludwigia cuba. I'm hoping someone buys that large sword now, then my back will be all stems. Going for a semi dutch look!

Great idea!
My tank is only 5 months old so I'm hoping that my plants grow nicely as time goes along.

Here's mine.

Attachments

• image-169273551.jpg
    image-169273551.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 135
  • image-2084309631.jpg
    image-2084309631.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 155
Hey guys I have just joined AA and this will be my first post :D

This is my 20g planted. I just added these plants last week which I picked up at my LFS. There just starting to get going and I look foreword to see what they will look like once they've filled out.

Attachments

• image-4000604531.jpg
    image-4000604531.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 144
So I've been working in this 55 for the past month. And I only have one side finished!!! Here it is. I can't wait to get some real driftwood and more caves.

Attachments

• image-2333115228.jpg
    image-2333115228.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 136
So I've been working in this 55 for the past month. And I only have one side finished!!! Here it is. I can't wait to get some real driftwood and more caves.
Great tank! Is that only sand your using as substrate?

Great tank! Is that only sand your using as substrate?
yes strictly sand. I use oscomite root tabs for my crypts and amazon compacta(in back) and my dwarf sag. I moved all these plants from gravel to sand. And within a 2 week period the roots have doubled their size

My 180l planted, opinions/advice welcome
Beauty tank! Are you using an air stone for O2 purposes? If so I've read in a few sources that surface agitation can actually cause a loss of CO2. Your plants should produce enough oxygen for your fish but if the bubbles are for appearance then rock on!

The airstone is just for looks and i never thought of the co2 loss ill remove the airstone when i grt my pressurised co2 kit

Here's mines: 10 gallon, 10 gallon, and 40 gallon.

Attachments

• image-1023368298.jpg
    image-1023368298.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 146
  • image-360148209.jpg
    image-360148209.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 158
  • image-1893140168.jpg
    image-1893140168.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 154
I just replanted my 20h and got a foremouth. I made a cave for him, too.

Attachments

• image-1766754219.jpg
    image-1766754219.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 145
Here was my 55 gallon tank at the beginning of the summer.

image-3996998376.jpg

Here it is now.

image-2522479613.jpg

I had a hard time deciding to do it, but about a month ago I decided to take that large single driftwood and "break" it into 2 pieces. There were 2 reasons for this. As a single piece it was blocking some a lot of light for my plants. And the points closest to the surface was developing algae. The algae then spread to other parts of the tank. The new scape spread more light and the plants are starting to grow faster and the algae is slowly going away. I don't mind the little bit of algae as I have 4 nerites, 4 Otos, and 6 Amano shrimp in there. So it seems I have a nice balance of algae going to feed them. My angel fish also seems to pick off the remaining algae off the driftwood at times.

One other unintended benefit of this splitting of the driftwood is that the piece on the left which used to be vertical is now horizontal. There is a hole in it which is now horizontal. Before my Bn Plecos never went to that hole. Now the male is in there fanning his fins like crazy and fiercely guarding it. I think my bn's finally spawned although I never not ended for them to. I can't see the eggs but I've never seen him do this before. They did spawn in my old 20 gallon tank I had before this 55. And like this time, I wasn't prepared for it until I saw a bunch of little Plecos swimming around. So they all eventually died. Anyway, back to the 55. If there are in fact eggs that he is protecting I'm again not prepared for it. I'm thinking I will move one of the adults to the old 20 that is housing my daughters betta. As for any little ones, il have to let nature take its course. There is an angel fish, a Bolivian ram, and a electric blue ram in there. I'm guessing one them will fatten up. Any survivors I'll try to net and take to my LFS.

As the for the scape, like I said earlier, the plants are growing fast now. Some of the ludwigia, moneywort, and rotala stems that I trimmed the tops off are now sprouting multiple branches. The all 6 Anubias plants I have a starting to grow new leaves faster than I've seen before. I'm still expecting my 3 crypts to lose their leaves as I just planted them 2 weeks ago. I plan to get some wisteria soon to fill in some spaces and a large java fern that now has an awesome spot to sit on the driftwood on the right.

The driftwood is nice
Thanks, my dad found the driftwood for me. Rinsed it for weeks and attached it to a flat rock from the pet store to hold it down. I want to tie some Java moss to it, but can't find a place locally that keeps it in stock. Will have to order some.

Back
Top Bottom