powder blu tang ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpeedRacerXX1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a powder blue tang, he eats nori like crazy cant keep the stuff in the tank eats it right away. question is he gets a litttle stomach like he is ready to explode but doesnt seem to gain weight, overall.
went to lfs and looked @ some of thier powder blues and they look thick all over. mine doesnt.
should i be concerned but he is eating for about 20 fish.

How long have you had the tang?

Constant eating with no appreciable weight gain is one of the symptoms of cyanide poisoning.

so its losing weight then?

How much nori do you feed it? When I got mine it was under weight and it took a few months to get it up to weight with a good thick body.

dont know if its losing weight it just eats and eats and eats all day long, like i said it has a belly a big belly i guess il have to wait and see. no signs of stress swims all over the tank very colorful.

Well I was basing the losing weight question on the fact you said above that "he was thick when he was in the bag..." and then in your inital post you asid yours does not look thick.

Does its somach look like this?

abd.jpg

I got my PBT a year ago this month. When I got him/her the tang was very skinny and had very pale colors. The fish was basicly malnurished. 1 year later the tang has at least doubled in size (probably closer to trippled) and has gotten very plump and its colors have become very vibrant and defined. The photo above is was taken a few months after I got the tang.

This is the most recent photo of the tang

Powder_Blue_tang.sized.jpg

Here you can see how plump and solid the body structure is

PowderBlueTang_Buttonpoyps2.sized.jpg

Continue to offer nori sheets. I feed 1/4th a 8X11 sheet daily and on weekends twice daily. I also suplment this weekly or twice a week with some meaty blender mush. Tangs are grazers and will pick at food even if its constantly offered.

Back
Top Bottom