Power Filter Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PBirdsong

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm going to a power filter. Possibly replacing the tank. But that's another post. Anyways, I would like to hear from you guys; which one have you been the happiest with, and which one seems to be the quietest. I know that will probably be two different filters for some of you, but tell me anyways. I need to figure out which type I'll start buying.

AquaClear...look no further. I have a Penguin 350 Biowheel on my 30g and AC30's on 3 smaller tanks. The Penguin does a great job, but IMO the AC is a better overall filter. I just picked up a 29g the other day and ordered an AC50 for it today. I thought about a canister filter, but it doesn't make sense to me to use one on smaller tanks. I'm going to wait until I get a larger (75+ gal) tank before I go the canister route.

AC filters are quiet, versatile in terms of media options, and are extremely easy to maintain.

I love my Aquaclears also...I won't buy any other brand of power filter. They are super easy to maintain. If you use sponges only, you don't have to buy any...just rinse the bottom one in old tank water about once a month...and you're good to go. Its great. They are pretty quiet also.

Sweet guys, thanks! I know someone else who has one too and it seemed to do the trick. Guess that is what I will get then.

That's because he asked for recommendations for power filters.

Good point. :)
I've just come to the point that I think a Power Filter is the way to go for me. I'm extremely unhappy with running an overflow on my freshwater. The setup just didn't work out like I had hoped. And it also increased the amount of maintenance I was forced to do. I need to aim "low maintenance". Lower light levels, etc.
Why low maintenance? I have a 5 month old Siberian Husky now. It's like having a baby!
:D

Back
Top Bottom