Power heads-about to pull the trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kittann

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! Well, I'm getting closer to starting my first saltwater tank & am about to hit the "buy" button on a couple of power heads. I'm looking at two of the Hydor Koralia Magnum Pumps #5. My only concern is that they may be a little bit of overkill. I know my flow needs will in part be dictated by what I'm planning on keeping. The bad thing is that I really don't know yet what I want in my tank. :)

I'm trying to create a tank that is prepared to house just about anything & not limit myself by my equipment (well, besides tank size). If anyone has any opinions I'd sure love to hear from you!

Thanks!

I have koralia 750's running in mine and i don't have any flow issues. The magnums are way overkill in my opinion. I have 2 1400 koralias running in my 125 and thats overkill too. lol

I am a firm believer and preacher of having alot of flow too, I have about 4000gph of flow in my 125g hehe....the 55 has about 1900gph, my 29g has 950gph and even my 20g has over 1000gph of flow.

Ont he plus side, youre looking at spending ALOT less on the regular Koralias versus the magnums.

Awesome! I have nothing against spending less money, that's for sure! Oh who am I kidding, any dollars I save are going straight to the Aquaillumination Sol lights I want. :). Those bad boys are going to run me a couple grand!
Thanks so much -you have no idea how much I'm learning just reading yours & others posts!

Glad I could help. :)

those SOL are awesome, I only wish I could them lol

This is a great site for information, the best forum on fish that I've found and that has helpful not judgemental people. :-D

You're not kidding! I sure lucked out when Google brought me here lol!
Just finished spending my one day off this week reading about Buffy's build & my inspiration level is high...now if UPS will hurry & bring my box of goodies from the bulk buy I'll be a happy gal!

I love getting new toys in the mail! Got my new bulbs yesterday and my box of goodies form BRS on Friday. :)

Buffy has a great build thread btw, everyone has rallied on that one. I'd recommend one of mine but they are way way way long. lol

Whew! Just finished placing my order for 100#s of pink Fiji sand, three Acclimation Kits & two Koralia Evolution 750's! Now i'm off to work overtime so I can fund this habit....er, I mean hobby! Lol

Back
Top Bottom