preference of rock size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RunDrums

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is " your " preference of rock size.?
I'm about to order some live rock, I all ready have 40 lb of gulf, and want to get some keys for color, what is your preference as far as rock size . I'm thinking more on the line of rock for filtration Smaller 2-7 lbs? or larger 8-12 lbs? What about shapes, flat, bunch of holes, odd , boulders, long. I just wanted to know what you liked

i like to get rocks that are between 2 and 5 lbs with holes and as flat as possible this gives you more surface area and the flatness give you more landscaping variations

i think the size of the rock has to depend on the size of the tank

one ten pound rock isnt going to look as good to me in a nano as a few smaller pieces equaling the same weight, and a larger tank, to me, looks better with larger rocks.

my taste also runs towards rocks with a lot of holes and crevices rather then the flatter or branching styles.

You should look through the members galleries, see which tanks you like and see what they have and try to go about it that way

Back
Top Bottom