Pregnant Guppy Has Huge Thing Protruding from Anal Cavity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone. My guppy is pregnant. Probably giving birth any day. I thought probably today as it looked like she was open and ready to go finally. Earlier she opened up red and had some pieces of something come out of her. It was reddish. Then she started with a HUGE piece and I thought she was probably going to die or something and it was major emergency like a prolapse or something. Now it finally seems to be almost out and hanging by a thread, but is definitely in a clear sac. I don't know if she has an organ pushed out because it looks like her insides or if she cleared herself out majorly for birth, but is poop in a sac? Anyways, please look at pics and let me know what you think as I am concerned for her and the fry. Thanks.

Posting pic of how it looked when it started, how it looked about an hour ago, and how it looks now.

Apologize if you seen in breeding. It was suggested I post in unhealthy fish.

Attachments

• IMG_2436b.jpg
    IMG_2436b.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_2478b.jpg
    IMG_2478b.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2488b.jpg
    IMG_2488b.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2480b.jpg
    IMG_2480b.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 1,008
I hope it is just poo, but have to say if it is, it's the weirdest looking poo I ever seen. It was soooo big and like in a clear sac and then it hung on her by a thread and it got suck and ripped off her and she jumped and then it was finally off. It took a long time. It was suggested she may be cleaning herself out before birth, but also it may be a parasite. I got real worried when I seen it and scared for her and hope she's okay and it's not something serious. So, looking for all sorts of opinions on it. Thanks so much for your input. It's much appreciated.

Keep an eye on her. I have just had a bad experience with big poo from my female Guppy.
It could be a constipation, but it can be a consequence of something serious... I don't know exactly, because I most probably couldn't save mine.

Check these as reference, to compare their behaviors:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/anormal-feeding-and-pooping-behavior-in-guppy-260176.html
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/guppies-are-dying-and-other-problems-260101.html

I hope it's just a constipation because of overeating... :)
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom