Pregnant guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had to go out. When I get home I will check the levels again. If the ammonia remover has done nothing I will change over the males and females. What happens if they give birth in the big tank with the other fish?

I have had to go out. When I get home I will check the levels again. If the ammonia remover has done nothing I will change over the males and females. What happens if they give birth in the big tank with the other fish?

If the females give birth in the main tank... i don't know what would happen. I know if you were to have just mollies platies and guppies then they would be fine. I'm not sure what your tank looks like but if there are plants floating and lots of spaces to hide, at least half might survive. I know the first time is exciting but there will be LOTS more babies to come! If the babies are born in a tank with high levels they might die. They are small and weak. Stressing the fish is even worse. The mother can abort or hold the babies for a while. Were you able to fine out the molly and platy ratio?

I have 3 plants 2 rocks, 4 tetra, 5 paradise, 5 ghost shrimp, 2 plecos, 1 ramshorn snail, 4 platys, 2 Molly's and the guppies. I could add the plant a bought today for the top as cover

Yes i would add the new plants to the top of the tank. You just have to worry about the tetras and the paradise fish for eating your babies. And again, do you know the other fish radio? If there is to many males then they are already experiencing stress which makes it easier for disease and kills them. Just like there molly babies.. i have 5.. if 4 turn into males and one female i can only keep the one female or keep a male :/ i can keep a few males with no female but they do pick on each other

Platys 2 male 2 female and Molly is 1 and 1

Do you have more room in your tank? If so... you can add females so you don't have to home them. I will do a chart thing... that might help you

Platy 2males 2 females (add 3-4females)
Molly 1male 1 female (add 1-2 females
Guppy 6 male 2 female ( add 10-16females)
Or
Platy 2 males 2 females (rehome 1-2 males)
Molly 1 male 1 female (rehome the male or get another female)
Guppies 6 males 2 females (rehome 5-6 males and maybe get shorter female)

I've transferred to guppies over and the male Molly to the other tank and the female guppies in the main tank. We are going to a market today specially for aquariums! I hope I can find something good! Also I'm going to look for Prime. What else should I look out for?

I've transferred to guppies over and the male Molly to the other tank and the female guppies in the main tank. We are going to a market today specially for aquariums! I hope I can find something good! Also I'm going to look for Prime. What else should I look out for?

Do you are going to keep the over numbered males in one tank? Lol. Why are you getting prime? Its mainly to bring down ammonia... do you have high ammonia in your tap water? I would get a big bottle because when your tank is established there should be no reason for ammonia. I know you were having trouble with that new tank so that's fine but just saying, its not a long term fix. Prime is quite expensive. Maybe if you don't have enough plants for the tanks grab a few small ones under a dollar if you have those there. Other then that, i think that's about all you will need if you have all the filters gravel and heaters for the tanks already. Have fun shopping!

We are going to save 2 males and we bought 5 more femsles to get the ratio correct. We also got more platy amd molly females so now all the ratios are correct. We got more plants for the fry to hide and few other things too! Still no fry yet :( I have put the 2 males back into the main tank with the pregnant and not pregnant females. I hope they will still give birth

We are going to save 2 males and we bought 5 more femsles to get the ratio correct. We also got more platy amd molly females so now all the ratios are correct. We got more plants for the fry to hide and few other things too! Still no fry yet :( I have put the 2 males back into the main tank with the pregnant and not pregnant females. I hope they will still give birth

Yes they will give birth very soon. They usually do it at night when they are calm and not stressed. Good job! :) all those females that you do have are for sure pregnant. All it takes is one -two days being with a male and they are pregnant. Those females you bought today, they might have been with males and if not then at the fish farm they were. Those females see also pregnant right now :p my sister bought the molly from petsmart.. the next day 12 babies :/ its just a matter of time. If you have never seen a baby guppy before or anything, they are smaller then you think. You will probably have to wait a bit on the mollies since the pregnancy lasts 3 months and not a month. Idk about platy pregnancys

Back
Top Bottom