Problem with fittings cpr50 overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDChurch

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have completely confused myself here!! What kind of fitting is needed for the bottom of the overflow box coming out of the bulkhead and where can I find flex tubing. I've looked all over the net and cannot locate tubing. The bulkhead opening on the bottom of the overflow measures 1"ID the instructions say use 3/4" schedule 40 pvc fitting here. Well 3/4" is so sloppy I would need to fill in a pretty large gap around the fitting to make it work. Am I a complete idiot or what?? Hope someone has the answer because I have fried my brain here. Thanks in advance.:banghead::thanks:

You will need a reducing bushing from 1"- 3/4" You should be able to find tubing at a home improvement center, or try contacting the mfgr of the overflow box.

I had trouble with my overflow. It was conceived in europe, so I think the tubes are in metric dimension, so to fit american tubing, I had to use lots of teflon tape and sand paper to make fit it,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom