Project 40 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel R

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two 20 gal tank as shown in the picture. One is on top of the other one however I want to have a PVC pipe that flows down the the bottom one and than the bottom tank pumps up the water with a water pump to the the top tank therefor they share water conditions. I'm not sure how I want to to connect them. Any ideas, thoughts or ways I can get an overflow from the top tank?

Attachments

• image-745996756.jpg
    image-745996756.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 61
For the top tank, does it have equipment on the back of the tank? It looks similar to the biocube. If you don't want to drill your tank (best way), then consider getting a CPR overflow. Read as much of the bad reviews as possible before you buy it to learn all the inherent risks.

Water goes through the overflow and into the bottom tank. Then you will have a pump that pushes the water back to the top tank. You should look into getting a return U-tube, such as U-Tube with Directional Return

What are you planning to use the bottom tank for?

Terrance said:
For the top tank, does it have equipment on the back of the tank? It looks similar to the biocube. If you don't want to drill your tank (best way), then consider getting a CPR overflow. Read as much of the bad reviews as possible before you buy it to learn all the inherent risks.

Water goes through the overflow and into the bottom tank. Then you will have a pump that pushes the water back to the top tank. You should look into getting a return U-tube, such as U-Tube with Directional Return

What are you planning to use the bottom tank for?

The bottom tank will house fry and the top will be the parents

I would strongly advise keeping them separate. If a bug gets into one of your tanks, it would be transferred to the other.

I think you're better off doing seperate tanks in your situation unless you're really interested with sumps. There is a lot to learn because you really want to do it the right way the first time. There might not be a second opportunity to make adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom