Project jbj 12g Nano!New Corals, and Fish.. 2/25 pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nice looking setup! where did you end up buying the nano cube from? i am looking into doing the same thing and i was wondering what something like that costs.

christy1430 said:
Thank you, the rocks that came in weere awesome.... I don't really like the aquascape I might end up changing it around I will test the waters maybe see the amonia going up or down and add some fish over the weekend if everything is back to normall : )
I wouldnt add any fish just yet your system is to new and still has to cycle . Please wait till your done cycling and you have atleast 1 or 2 water changes done

I agree with waiting on putting fish in there! I know it is so tempting to get things gonig fast but if you remain patient you will have a healthy and happy reef! Oh yeah and the tank is looking totally awesome!!! I love the way you have it set up! It looks grrrrreat!!!

No worries I am definatly with you on that!! I just thought since the lr is in it will help the tank cycle.. ? If not I have patience I will wait

Yep the die off on the LR will kick start your cycle by your readings it looks like it is starting to cycle :D

Thatss what I thought. If the cycle is over by sunday why not put fish. But I will listen to w.e you guys say! Maybe the cleaning crew? You guys give me ure opinion!

Adding a cleaning crew during a cycle will probably wipe them all out and prolong the cycle, inverts tend to be less tolerant of poor water conditions.

I think u misunderstood me. I do not wanna put any life in my tank until it is cycled. I'm saying once it has cycled I want to put the cleaning crew first. What do u guys think?... I was thinkin the cycle would take a week from monday to like satursday sunday so it would be done by rhwn. I will chek the water today and post the results maybe you guys can help even more :-]

Ahh, ok, I would go with a hermit, and maybe 2 cerith and 2 nassi snails, for starters.

No worries no worries. I have the patience to wait!! Is that what you suggest for a cleaning crew?! Or is there more to that?...I will wait till you guys approave. I will test my water daily if I have to! And let u no what the results were

You can go to liveaquaria.com and look up their cleaning crew packs. I would suggest you start small. Thos cleaner packs a for more mature tanks, remember, yours is going to be brand spanking new, and you don't want to over do it and have them starve. You might look at a cleaner shrimp or a fire shrimp or a pair of pepermint shrimp.

That's what I was thinkin. Maybe adding a couple shrimp and let the tank mature a little bit more.

... another question.. (Sorry for so many questions.. Just don't want to do anything wrong) how about corals. When can I begin adding corals
hey guys i re-aquascaped the tank like i said i would. I really like this new style. You guys can tell me what you think. I also tested the water. Looks like the tank is in the process of cycling.

amonia: .4 range
nitrite: .1
nitrates: 1-2

img_774242_0_f6329b1b8e9eea11a7b1888924a5e93b.jpg

img_774242_1_f936c19cb532389edaf5866e9e865b10.jpg

Some corals, honestly, the cheaper more common stuff, zoos and mushrooms, ricordia, etc, can go in after hte cycle, and a few weeks after fish have bene introduced

Others, including things like anemones, provided you have the lighting, flow, etc for them, may be as long as 6 months to a year.

I got my ricordia a few weeks after my tank was set up and stable, and a few months later, it is still looking great. :) And showing growth

thank you, i am not guna be puting any anemones i just want to add plenty of corals. Might sound a little to much! but i want corlas to cover all my rocks! may take a wile! but im in for the wait! lol and also add maybe a percula or 2 and a goby!.. just have to wait for the tank to cycle

christy1430 said:
thank you, i am not guna be puting any anemones i just want to add plenty of corals. Might sound a little to much! but i want corlas to cover all my rocks! may take a wile! but im in for the wait! lol and also add maybe a percula or 2 and a goby!.. just have to wait for the tank to cycle

If you feel like that about your corals, I suggest a frag pack of zoanthids. They're easy to take care of, and you can get a good amount of diversity and color in a quick shot. I bought 10 zoo frags for 99.00 shipped. They arrived next day, I dipped them in a freshwater solution I read online for a bit to get any hitchers off of them, and laid them on the sand. When they opened and I saw what colors they were I decided how to put them in the tank, jammed them in the LR, and it made it look very impressive (to me anyways) quite quickly. I feel like that's a really good way to start out, and you get the most bang for your buck.

yeah i went by the LFS just to chek out all the corals. Theres so many that i love! i cant wait till this gets cycled! :lol:

BTW, how quickly do Zoos spread? I am thinkigna about Zoos for most of the corals in my new 29 gallon, I love how they look, and also some differant color variants of ricordia. (I have a beautiful maroon body with green tips right now, that is attatched to a matching maroon and red piece of rock.

Hey guys... I got my 2 powerheads yesterday with my heater!!... I got the pico 300s anyone have any suggestions on how and were to put them in the tank!? Thankk u!

SInce the return pump directs flow from the back forward, placing a powerhead on the side to direct flow sideways would give you some good chaotic flow.

Back
Top Bottom