Prolem with my polypertus senegales " birchir" ;( plz help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eury27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a senegales birchir yesterday when I put him in he was roaming around and stuff , but then he found the floating plants on top . Since then he hasn't moved from there and stays hidden in btwn all the floating plants the reason they are floating is because I have no gravel yet in the tank.

I also have a black ghost in the he hides where I have the 4 flower pots and roams the tank sometimes ,I have also have a upside down catfish that stays in this tunnel I got , that I really wanted the ghost or birchir to use but they don't like roommates I guess . Can u you please tell me if the is something wrong with my senegales ;(

My ph is very low about a 6 , I don't understand the ph becuz both of my tanks are a 6 and the water I got my ghost and birchir from was a 7.

BigJim said:
What are your water parameters? What size tank?

My tank is a 55 gallon , my anmioa , nitrates and nitrites are on zero , my ph level is 6 .. I just added gravel to my tank and two rocks that weighs 10 pounds each so it could raise my ph level ....my black ghost is doing fine it's hiding behind the flower pots and my catfish too ... He's the only one on top not swimming laying on a floating plant or on the powerhead ....

sounds and looks like you just set up the tank and it is not cycled.?
is he still eating?
they will hide most of the time where they feel most safe and secure. mine hides under a rock until the lights go out or he smells food.

FishEggs said:
sounds and looks like you just set up the tank and it is not cycled.?
is he still eating?
they will hide most of the time where they feel most safe and secure. mine hides under a rock until the lights go out or he smells food.

Well my tank was already up but the filters I have were already established from my other tank I had .... I took off all the floating decor but he stays on top of the tank he's not gasping for air on top .... I got my black ghost the same time and he hides in his spots and roam around when I turn the light off ... I'm not sure why he's acting that way ... He has plenty of hiding spot now after I came back from the petstore... Any ideas ????? Or should I wait it out????

I did have meds in the tank becuz my syno had fungus on him is that the problem ???????

Well my tank was already up but the filters I have were already established from my other tank I had .... I took off all the floating decor but he stays on top of the tank he's not gasping for air on top .... I got my black ghost the same time and he hides in his spots and roam around when I turn the light off ... I'm not sure why he's acting that way ... He has plenty of hiding spot now after I came back from the petstore... Any ideas ????? Or should I wait it out????

I did have meds in the tank becuz my syno had fungus on him is that the problem ???????

If you have 0 ammonia and nitrites, then good. But if you have 0 nitrates, then no, it's not cycled.
Are you testing with liquid or strips?

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
If you have 0 ammonia and nitrites, then good. But if you have 0 nitrates, then no, it's not cycled.
Are you testing with liquid or strips?

I'm testing with liquids , I only tested the anmmioa and ph levels not the rest of them I figured the other go hand in hand .... I added like 7 new plants In there to help the water quality out ... I do have medicine in there that I added before I added my poly and my ghost becuz everything I put in there was getting fungus on them like. Cotton like substance ... Buts it almost gone the cat fish has a lil tad left by tomorrow's dose it should be finally out....... My ghost is perfectly fine and there are wayyyyyyyyyy more critical with water parameters then the poly so that why im asking

Ok my poly has finally gone down to the bottom he's staying still under a lil hiding spot for him , he looks nervous cuz everything is new and new tank mates he second guess himself every time he moves .... I'll keep y'all posted on what's going on

I also threw in 3 guppies and a few pellets to see if they will be gone while asleep hopefully they eat (ghost,poly)....

Back
Top Bottom