Prop Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brodie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

I'm moving this weekend, and converting my 29 to a Prop-Tank to prepare for a 90 I'm planning on purchasing.

I have the Coralife HQI PRO 150 watt MH with (2) 65 watt actinics, along with about 60 lbs of LS and 60 lbs of LR (I was thinking about putting the rock without much Coraline into my sump & removing Bio-Balls)

Planning on having three levels of egg-crating, along with a few pieces of LR I'm attached to.

Does anyone have any advice as far as the operation of the tank? I've had reef tanks for ages, but never a Prop-Tank, is there anything that I should know about?

If you look at my gallery, you can see all the corals I have in there, so granted, there may be some spacing problems.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

For the most part, the prop tank is no different than your reef tank. Just does not have to be as organized :) My prop tank is plumbed into my main system so it is really an extension of my reef.

If you move stuff from the display and the prop tank and they are separate, just keep the water as close to the same as possible.

Back
Top Bottom