Pseudochromis Domination... (part2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone... Thanks for your advice and input on the last one! And just as some of you figured it would be, the Diadema Dottyback was an absolute terror to my new addition. 2-2.5inch 6 Line Wrasse that I just put in an hour ago. (I've read these are a semi-aggressive fish and they certainly don't look anything alike... figured it would be a good choice) Also followed your advice on re-aquascaping just before the new addition. After watching only a few minutes of this, it was painfully obvious that action had to be taken quickly. So the Dottyback is now residing (in jail) in my salad colander at the top of the tank. The Wrasse is hidding in a LR tunnel, needless to say, stressed probably to his limits. My question to you all now is.. How long do you think that will be necessary to keep him there? When can I let him out on parole? (((To make matters worse... The Wrasse has, of course, selected the previous home of the Dottyback as it's refuge))) Should I get more LR before letting him loose? Thanks for the feedback!

Well you might have a 50/50 chance to re-add the dottyback w/ success. He might also be programmed to attack the 6line now. I'd wait until the 6line was out swimming the tank and eating. Also switch the landscape around now so you don't have to stress the 6line out more than you have to. I've kept a clown tang in a little breeder clip on tank inside the main tank for a while b/c he was attacking my trigger. I heard you can go as long as 2 or possibly 3 days. Just watch the stress level on that fish also. He'll be glad to be out after a while.

HTH

I think your psuedo is just crazy. I don't think he will leave any new additions alone. My psuedo is aggressive towards new fish as well.

Yeah just watch the psuedo. When I've tried putting fish in jail they refuse to eat. I believe about 3 days max.

Back
Top Bottom