Purple Brush Gorgonian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fierro Nights

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im really interested in adding this purple sea fan ( Purple Brush Gorgonian ) to my tank, i only have 3 corals in my tank, and ill have some great room, id like to add this beautiful colored coral and because i dont have intense lighting, iv been reading that these things are found below 75 feet in the ocean and filter feed.

does anyone have this coral or any sea fan from the same family, if so, what do you feed it and how well does that food work out for it.

im wondering if brine shrimp and snow will work out great.

thank you.

Can you get a pic/link? There are many that go by "purple brush"...

yes, that is exactly what im talking about, thats the same site i found it on along with others.

i woke up to find my clown dead, i inspected the body and didnt see anything wrong w/ it other then his gills where a dark pink, i tried to give the body to my emerald crab which eats brine shrimp and chicken but he didnt want it, so i made some fish fillets, they where perfect sized for a fish meal but my emerald still didnt want it, my fire shrimp did not want it, nor did my hermit crab which i think should have eaten it.

my clown only ate brine shrimp, im thinking he was not tank bred as the store did not specify.

everything else in the tank is doing great, this morning my emerald was eating some sea weed, and i was able to whiteness my new xenia " pump " which looks pretty. also my xenia frag i made is doing well,

is it possible the xenia leached out a poison into the water after cutting it? no other life was affected.

and im interested in that sea fan, i do however see a great benafit to the death of my clown, my bioload should decrease some improving conditions for my new corals. im thinking of replacing him w/ a goby or a blenny, i have a deep enough sand bed to maybe even get a jawfish which i like alot.

does anyone know the name of this sea fan, is it the same purple one?

529px-Gorgonian.Mgiangrasso.jpg

well my hermit just molted, maybe thats why he didnt eat the clown, do they not get hungry just before a molt?

How about some water test results. Dont add anything till you figure out what happened. Post your water test results so we can rule that out. At anytime did the clown have any white specks on him?

i took some tests before a water change, i was thinking the water might be bad, i wrote them down in my book.

ph 8.1 nitrate 40ppm, nitrite .5ppm and SG is 1.0235, temp 79

ammonia 0ppm, chlorine 0ppm, KH is 9 and just above 300ppm according to two different tests for KH.

sorry, no, no white spots, he was video taped last night, swimming around fine. mabye being on camera stressed him out too much.

Back
Top Bottom