Puss wart/pimple on head of butterfly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pattyj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have a Copperband Butterfly fish, newly acquired into my tank and has developed a pimple like spot on the right side of his head. I've kept a persistent worried eye on him for atleast 5 days and he doesn't seen to he acting anything strange, just timid but active and feeding. Just now I noticed his pimple had burst and now a white like substance is hanging off but still leaving this pimple behind. Do I need to act now and work on getting him out of the tank to treat him in a quarantine tank, or let him be and hope he can just live thru with no drama.
I've attached a photo so if anyone can help or at least give me an idea where to look for ideas I and copper would be very thankful.
Cheers

Attachments

• image-1900321354.jpg
    image-1900321354.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 159
  • image-348809125.jpg
    image-348809125.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 176
  • image-999164551.jpg
    image-999164551.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 164
By now I would say trying to catch him will only stress him out and possibly kill him. Just make sure he's fed well is all you can really do now. And butterfly fish are extremely sensitive to copper treatment so never treat them with it.

yeh I will not be trying to catch, and I assume he is eating enough because he grazes the live rock all day long and I'm sure he's eating some of the stay krill I feed my coral/anemone. Thanks for the insight and I will let it known if it progresses into anything worse.

Back
Top Bottom