Putting nitrate removal media in Reactor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
Before I started using R/O water, I bought a phos-reactor to control the phosphate in my water. Now that I have been using only R/O water, I have found that I do not need to use the reactor and have taken it out of the system. For the past month or so I ahve been battling nitrate problems and cant seem to get them below 20. I know the best thing to do is pwc's, cut feeding, etc. Anyway, I was wondering if a nitrate removal media could be put into the reactor to help with the trate problem. IF so, what would be the best stuff to use? TIA........

I have one right now. I've had it for about two weeks and Ive stocked it with some feather caluepra and chaeto. The refuge holds five gallons of water and I am currently running a 29 gallon tank. So far I haven't seen any results. How long do you think it takes for the algae to make a difference? Thanks.

What did you have before the fuge? Any bio balls in the mechanical filter? How often are you feeding, what are you feeding, and how much? How old is your test kit and have you tried a different test kit? How much water are you changing?

Nitrates can be the cause of a lot of different things so you have to narrow it down. HTH

Back
Top Bottom