Pygmy Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquinn425

Aquarium Advice Activist
Reading up on these little guys it says to feed mysis shrimp and algae. Shrimp wouldn't be an issue, but wondering about the algae.. Would I need to purchase some to keep in the tank for him to eat? Would seaweed work?

Reading up on these little guys it says to feed mysis shrimp and algae. Shrimp wouldn't be an issue, but wondering about the algae.. Would I need to purchase some to keep in the tank for him to eat? Would seaweed work?

How long has your system been up? What size? Ive tried sea weed with my lemon peel and flame angels and nether even take a look at it. They will eat alot of frozen foods. Mine love emerald entree. It has spirulina and other algeas inside. They will pick off the glass,rock, and sand for super micro algea too.

I know they would love the red grape macro my coral beauty and flame angel tear it up
I keep actual bushes of it in my tank than after the little grapes are gone I remove it trim it down almost to the stump and place it in my breeder tank to let it grow back usually about
6 weeks it grows fast, I keep a second in the breeder to replace the one I removed
all it takes to grow is a good flow and decent lighting

Ok thanks. The tank has been going for about 2 months now. We added 2 clowns 2 weeks ago and they are doing great. If I get the emerald entree for a Pygmy angel do you think the clowns will eat that too? And is it still ok to give the brine shrimp? Or would that be too much?

Ok thanks. The tank has been going for about 2 months now. We added 2 clowns 2 weeks ago and they are doing great. If I get the emerald entree for a Pygmy angel do you think the clowns will eat that too? And is it still ok to give the brine shrimp? Or would that be too much?

My clown pair goes at it like monsters! They will swim right into the fury of the 2 power heads to even get one piece lol! It has mysis shrimp enfused inside so even carnivores like my valentini puffer love it! I feed my fish 1/4 a block of brine shrimp and 2/4s a block of emerald entree every day, they wont take anything else, they have been spoiled! Feed them this 2-3 times a week. Learn from my mistake of feeding them this every day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom