Python or Aqueon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I have owned is the aqueon and let me tell you this thing is a life saver! I have heard that the python is higher quality and higher price. Really ether one will do the job, the only problem with the aqueon is the plastic connector to the facet, metal would have been better

Mmm Ive got a aqueon one now, but few years ago I had a python. I like the python better IMO. Theyre both built about the same, but the python seemed more durable.

With either brand a trip to the hardware is necessary to get a metal sink adapter. The plastic ones just don't last. I prefer the Python over Aqueon. Seems better built(y)

I had a Python for years, and somehow it went missing.

So I bought the Aqueon one. It works fine, but it's no Python in quality.

IMO, the Python moved more water when draining. I also never had the Python break, where as the Aqueon broke the valve on the gravel vac before I even got to use it. It was assembled too tight, and from what others posted, it's the same with theirs. Aqueon is replacing it under warranty, but it's still a pain.

Back
Top Bottom