python question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyb1425

Aquarium Advice Regular
To make a long story short, I have to get a 20 ft. extension for my 25ft python system. Has anyone used these extensions and will it drastically reduce the pressure I get when doing water changes?

Good question, I ordered one last week, still waiting, was wondering the same thing. But I wouldn't imagine it would.....how about it does anyone know?? :?

I started out with a 25 foot Python and eventually upgraded to a 50 foot. No reduction in suction here either!

what do you guys hook your pythons up to?

when i get a bigger tank, i'm definitely thinking the python will be a good idea, but i don't see how to attach it to any of my faucets.

help?

Python has all sorts of adapters top use. It even sells a universal adapter that uses a clamp to attach it to any width faucet without grooves (though it costs an extra $6 I believe). It comes with a male and female adapter though that will fit most faucets.

when i get a bigger tank, i'm definitely thinking the python will be a good idea, but i don't see how to attach it to any of my faucets

on most home faucets the aerator will come off so you can hook up the python. sometimes the faucet will have a male connection and you might need another adapter (my python didn't come with that one) that you can find at any home depot. hth

btw i just got my firts 50' python and will never go back. its a life (and back) saver. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom