Python Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just start the suction at the sink and roll up the hose. most, not all, the water goes into the sink. there will be some residual left in the hose.

yep, I do the same as rkilling. Only I turn the faucet completely off and set the Pyton to drain, then I roll it up lifting it high to force the water towards the sink. A little water stays in the tube but its no big deal.

I do the same, roll it up as the sink is on suction. Once I get to the sink, I turn the sink off. And I have a 75FT one, kind of hard to keep on my arm when rolling it up, lol.

Ah - I start my rolling at the sink. I bring the tube to the sink with me and put it in a bucket in case some water escapes. I start just rolling just behind the tube, raising it high so the water is forced out and then let it fall to the floor once the water is out. As I do this the rest of the Python is pulled back towards the sink. The Python accumulates into semi decent rolls on the floor in front of the sink. I shove all the lose coils into a large plastic shopping bag and store it in a closet.

I roll my 50ft one up the same way. However, i store it in a bucket. That way if some of the water makes its way out of the tube then it is no big deal.

Great ideas and thanks. I have plenty of buckets after using them to do water changes and such. I will use one for storage. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom