quarantine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everybody!!!! I had saltwater tank for 5 years.It was 55 gal.But i had a canister filter with no circulation pomp.It was not to good,a lot of fishes died<lot of them from parasites> i did not have any corals.i gues it was not too profesional.So i did some resarch and decided to start everything again.Now i have 90 gal.tank with trickle filter<i think that's the name,>Circulation pomp,good skimmer,good lights.In my tank i have now some corals,couple shrimps,some crabs,snailes,anemone,naso tank,tomato clown.I am really happy.Since i was always fighting in my old tank with parasites,i want to do everything to protect my new tank.I want to ask you about quarantine tank.I bought atlantic blue tank.He looks fine,but you always should put new fish in quarantine tank.Right?I put him in my 5 gal.tank.In that tank i have marineland top with light and filter<pad with carbon in it,bio wheel>So i think i will cut that pad and take the carbon out live just the pad.I have to put capper,and carbon neutralize copper.Please help my with setting that tank.I really want make sure that fish is healthy before i transfer her to my main tank.What level of copper should be,how long should i keep her in that tank and all other parameters should i watch.Thanks for everything:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom