Question about plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Printerhands

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got this plant, can't remember what's called, and the leaves have been thining out and more of a gap between each section. What could be wrong with it?

And then this type of crypt that leaves are turning yellowish. I have been dosing flourish potassium and iron and regular and also using root tabs. Doing water changes at least 3 times a week and testing the waters. NO3 has been high at about 80ppm. He tank has ben set up for about a month and just added about 13 fish a week ago.

So any help on these two plant issues would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image-141759355.jpg
    image-141759355.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1785935365.jpg
    image-1785935365.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 58
Plants usually get leggy when they don't have enough light. Since you only use Leaf Zone it might be a good idea to get Flourish Comprehensive and use it along with the LZ so you get a broader range of nutrients and not use potassium and iron. We also need the lighting info OS asked for above.

I'm pretty sure the first plant is some type of microsorium. There leaves usually spread out the older they grow but sometimes there leaves spread out because lighting is too low I think or something else.

I'm using Flora Sun Max Plant Growth Fluorescent Bulb that has a 5000k. It's only been in for a month.

Plants usually get leggy when they don't have enough light. Since you only use Leaf Zone it might be a good idea to get Flourish Comprehensive and use it along with the LZ so you get a broader range of nutrients and not use potassium and iron. We also need the lighting info OS asked for above.

And I'm not seeing a flourish comprehensive. Would it be the same as the trace elements?

I'm using Flora Sun Max Plant Growth Fluorescent Bulb that has a 5000k. It's only been in for a month.

Depending on the size of the tank I'd say you probably have low light which would explain why your stems are so leggy.

As for the crypts I'd add more root tabs and see if they improve.

Depending on the size of the tank I'd say you probably have low light which would explain why your stems are so leggy.

As for the crypts I'd add more root tabs and see if they improve.

I don't like the sound of that, haha. It is a 29gal tank. And I have red rotala that I know know need high light. And you think that won't be enough for the red either? What would be a better fluorescent bulb. I know T5 HO would be the best. Don't really want to spend the money on that yet.

Back
Top Bottom