Question about YOYO loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
In the last few days I've found a few of my fish in the 55 gallon tank d.ead. They were 3 Angels (body size about a 1/2 $ size or slightly larger) and a Serpae Tetra.
The only fish that I have noticed having aggressive tendencies towards the Angels and Serpae in the tank were the 2 Yoyo loaches (about 1 inch to 1 1/4 " long) and a 1 1/2" Rainbow shark (Black body and all fins are red). The other fish that I have in the tank besides the remaining Angels and Serpae are clown loaches, small cory catfish, and a Synodontis catfish.
I have tested the water and found excellent readings for the Amonia and Nitrite. I have not added any new fish within the past month or so.

Is it possible (probable) that either the Yoyo or the shark are the culprits ?

well rainbow sharks tend to get aggressive but most of the time its when they are adults. have you been watching the tank to see if they are chasing them?

In the last few days I've found a few of my fish in the 55 gallon tank d.ead. They were 3 Angels (body size about a 1/2 $ size or slightly larger) and a Serpae Tetra.
The only fish that I have noticed having aggressive tendencies towards the Angels and Serpae in the tank were the 2 Yoyo loaches (about 1 inch to 1 1/4 " long) and a 1 1/2" Rainbow shark (Black body and all fins are red). The other fish that I have in the tank besides the remaining Angels and Serpae are clown loaches, small cory catfish, and a Synodontis catfish.
I have tested the water and found excellent readings for the Amonia and Nitrite. I have not added any new fish within the past month or so.

Is it possible (probable) that either the Yoyo or the shark are the culprits ?

Thats not a rainbow shark, its a red tailed black shark

The yo-yo will harrass but dont usually kill. They act like a puppy. The rainbow shark will skin the side of the fish. Look on the dead fish for marks similiar to those that the shark leaves on the glass (when they nibble algae). They will leave that same mark on the fish.

Back
Top Bottom