Question on aquarium stands!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kaz said:
will what are the good woods for frame and skin/door too?

how much does that stand weigh rok?

i'm not sure but i picked them up by myself over my shoulders ,then again i carry a 200 pound stick of pipe on my shoulder up a ladder everyday..i am going to guess at around 70 lbs.. 2 people should move it with ease... the 4x4 lumber is where all the weight is and thats what gives you the extra reassurance for support ..
you can do the math and easily use 2x4 instead and that will lighten the load considerably and will be sufficient for support..
also you can modify any piece of woodwork such as this piece so you can distribute the weight evenly across your flooring by adding a sheet of wood across the bottom..
remember that you do not have to attatch this bottom piece with screws or nails so it will make it even lighter,or just use screws to remove the bottom while moving this piece..

Stand Height

If you have a canister filter, make sure that you have enough height for the tubes to properly go up and out the back. I had to put elbows on my Magnum 350, and I have trouble burping it. Also, nice to have the height when you go to change out the media, etc, and have to remove the canister.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom