Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonny1999

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How many fish should I put in my 30 gallon tank? It currently only has 3 zebra danios, one platy, and a rainbow shark. I would like to add some more variety, but I don't want to overstock it. Any suggestions?

First off rehome the rainbow shark it needs a 4 foot tank. But as far as other stock goes if the sharks rehomed I would do something like this.

8- Zebra Danios
6- Panda Corys
1- Pearl Gourami
8- Harlequin Rasbora
1- Bristlenose Pleco

How many fish should I put in my 30 gallon tank? It currently only has 3 zebra danios, one platy, and a rainbow shark. I would like to add some more variety, but I don't want to overstock it. Any suggestions?

Well like josh said you should rehome the shark, they get huge, and then you can add lots of fish. It would be best if you added 2 or 3 more platies, ending up with 1 male and 2 or 3 females if you want babies, or all of the same gender if you don't. Get 3-6 more zebra danios as well. This is a good idea for a stock:

8 zebra danios
7 rummynose tetras (add after the tank is >one month mature)
3-4 platys
a bolivian ram, after the tank is at least 3 months mature
a honey gourami

Ok thanks. I will rehome the rainbow shark. About the danios, could I get the glofish danios, or should I just stick with the normal ones?

I have leopard danios they are like torpedoes they swim every inch of the aquarium 6x over a day are you using sand substrate if so Cory's will go great

As long as it's not rough gravel the Cory's will be ok because they have barbels around there mouth to find food as these can wear down on rough gravel

I think my gravel might be too rough.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393106286.062570.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393106286.062570.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 41
I know it's been a while, but I wanted to let everyone know how everything is going. I rehomed the shark and decided to buy some more platies. I've now got 1 red wag, 2 fire sunsets, 2 painted, and 2 bumblebee. I also got bristle nose plecos

Back
Top Bottom