Questions about plants please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, what I would recommend is sitting down and thinking out exactly what you want before you buy anything else.

I don't think you have enough light to grow swords and such. And that no matter what bulb you put in that fixture, it'll be the same.

I would check into the bulb- It doesn't seem like anyone here has anything to say about it, if you can do a yahoo search and find some reviews, that might help. We know most bulbs with a color temperature between 5000 and 10000 have specterum heavy in blues and reds, great for plants. Check the package of that bulb- Maybe that one does as well. But I would also find a new home for any and all plants that have yellow leaves, and buy some java fern or other lower light plants.

Or, I would get a different light fixture. Maybe a shop light that holds 4 bulbs, or a second shop light that holds 2, or something from ahsupply.com. Ahsupply, by the way, will make suggestions if you tell them your tank size and your goal in lighting.

Or maybe you want to go high tech with Co2, in which case you want to buy some serious lights. Again, ahsupply is good.

A great idea might be to spend some time is the "Stickies". It's the 2nd or 3rd post from the top in this forum, and has great information. I know I reread it every once in a while, especially when I'm in the mood to experiment with something.

yes i am planning on getting another fixture that holds 2 more to make it 160w of power. another question is what is the hight the fixture should be from the top glass covers of the aquariums?

Back
Top Bottom