Questions about the Milwaukee pH controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a Milwaukee SMS122 pH controller. The directions say to soak the tip of the electrode in M10000B rinse solution if it has been left dry. The electrode is packed in a shipping solution. (I do see some salt build-up around the protective cap.) So does this mean the electrode is not dry and I don't need the rinse solution? I don't have any rinse solution. Is it necessary to get some? The electrode should not go dry if I remove it from the packaging, calibrate it, and place it in the tank, right?

I did get some electrode cleaning solution in the package. Should I use this to clean away the salt build-up before calibrating?

Also, how should it be secured in the tank?

the salt built up is most likely KCl, that is what most pH electrodes are stored in(well a mixture of pH 7 buffer and KCl). as long as it was not stored dried you should be all set. Di water should be used to rinse the electrode off prior to calibrating or whaterver ya got i guess.

By "di" do you mean distilled or deionized water? I have some distilled water and some RO water but I'm not sure if the RO water was also run through a DI filter (got it at the grocery store).

Thanks for that site. I bookmarked it. I went to the website and downloaded the manual, but it was the same one I got with the product, so I'm glad to have some other information!

Back
Top Bottom