questions that i gotta get answered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skyler1354

Aquarium Advice Regular
okay, so, i have been breeding guppies for about 4 years and i want out. ill be leaving for collage soon and i wont be able to take care of them. so, i sold off all of the fish, but what about the tanks? im having a garage sale soon and want to sell the 2 ten gallons, the 40 gallon, and the 20 gallon high in this garage sale, but for how much?
i keeping my 20 gallon long aquarium to make a community tank, and ive gotta know what to put into it! im thinking 15 neon tetras, 3-4 cory catfishes, 5 rummy nose tetra, 5 hatchet fish, 2-3 dwarf gourami, and possibly 2 angelfish. i think this could be a cool tank, but help me dicide on what to put into it! im set on neon tetras, but what else? i also want an eye catching fish.
thanks for the help :D

okay, so, i have been breeding guppies for about 4 years and i want out. ill be leaving for collage soon and i wont be able to take care of them. so, i sold off all of the fish, but what about the tanks? im having a garage sale soon and want to sell the 2 ten gallons, the 40 gallon, and the 20 gallon high in this garage sale, but for how much?

I give away my tanks on freecycle.org. It's not worth it for smaller barebones tanks to have to deal with craigslist or the like. No equipment, right?

That said, if you insist on selling, I'd sell the 10's for $5 each, the 40 for $20 and the 20H for $10.

i keeping my 20 gallon long aquarium ! im thinking 15 neon tetras, 3-4 cory catfishes, 5 rummy nose tetra, 5 hatchet fish, 2-3 dwarf gourami, and possibly 2 angelfish.

Of your list, the neons, corys, rummies and hatchets would work. I believe that tank is too small for 3 gouramis, maybe 1 and no angelfish.

i have tons of equipment. i have 4 filters, 4 heaters,alot of lights, lots o stuff. i also made a homemade rack that can hold all of the tanks listed before, plus more ten gallons. how much should i sell that for?

Well you can buy 10gal for $13 so basically your not gonna get 100% of what you had invested. I would try to sell things at around 50-60% of their original value if they're still in good shape.

i have tons of equipment. i have 4 filters, 4 heaters,alot of lights, lots o stuff. i also made a homemade rack that can hold all of the tanks listed before, plus more ten gallons. how much should i sell that for?

If you want to list it as one sale, if anyone is interested in the entire grouping, that's an option.

I agree with Cichlid Kid's assessment, 50 - 60% of the retail price. Used is used.

It would have to be specific to suit someone else's purposes. It seems you're looking for a large profit margin here, but I don't think you're going to find it. Not in this economy and not with what you're bringing to the table.

if you really want to sell the tanks my lfs sells used tanks for $1/gal for just the tanks not equipment so thats a good starting point

as for you 20 gal com. tank that is way to many fish. it should be "1fish per gal". the tetras and the corys sound great but the angels get to big for a 20gal and for the others i dont know to much about them so i can not say but im sure someone will help you out some more. good luck

Back
Top Bottom